Geriatric Physiotherapy is a branch of the health care system that covers a wide area of elderly problems. People as they grow older suffers from many conditions in which illnesses like arthritis, osteoporosis, cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, hip and joint replacement, balance disorders, incontinence, etc. present itself with confusion, falls, loss of mobility or day-to-day functioning in an atypical way or with frequent multiple pathogens. Geriatric physiotherapists provide therapies for such conditions and help the elderly with their care.
Geriatric care has a profound effect on the patient’s abilities to perform physical activities. Geriatric physiotherapists aim to provide the functional independence of the body against any acute or chronic illness in the elderly.
– Improves physical strength and maintains muscles endurance to perform basic day to day tasks like making food, read, eat or bathe.
– Maintains mobility of the body and improves range of motion of different joints.
-Maintains ambulatory status and cardiovascular endurance of the patient to help with strenuous activities like walking, cycling or jogging.
– Relieves the patient from pain, or any discomfort with common therapeutic interventions like exercises, hot or cold modalities, orthotic of stimulating currents
– Falls is one of the greatest risks to older people leading to fractures, Geriatric physiotherapists help in preventing that as well.
– Prevents further declination of the functional abilities.
– Increases, restore and maintains flexibility, coordination and balance of the body.
Curativo Clinic offers the best physiotherapists for Geriatric Care in Sector 52, Wazirabad, Gurugram. Our Physiotherapists aims at enabling older people to enhance mobility and independence using the body’s systems as much as possible. These clinically experienced physiotherapists help in improving mobility and balance, builds strength and boost confidence with their physical therapy intervention making them comfortable and pain-free.
Geriatric physiotherapy helps people with the rehabilitation after their knee or hip replacement surgeries treatment, after an accident, or in relation to any other conditions strengthening them to do their daily chores, and improving their quality of life.